The Commonwealth Child Dental Benefits Schedule provides assistance for basic dental treatment over a two-year period for eligible 2–17 year olds
- 2-17 year olds are eligible if they receive Family Tax Benefit A or other relevant Australian Government payments
- Treatment is bulk billed through Medicare
- Eligible children pay $0 – no out of pocket costs
- No wait list – your child will have the next available appointment
What dental treatments are available?
- Dental check-ups and cleaning teeth
- Fissure sealants and Fillings
- Dental X-rays
- Root canals
* Child Dental Benefits are not available for orthodontic or cosmetic dental work and will not be paid for any services provided in a hospital operating theatre.