Over time, teeth can become stained or discoloured for many reasons. Whether you start every day with a cup of coffee or enjoy even the occasional glass of wine, your teeth can yellow and stain over time. Fortunately, there’s a simple solution when you’re looking to restore the former colouring of your teeth. Teeth whitening is a safe and effective way to bring back your pearly smile.
At Me Dental Care, we offer two methods for whitening teeth: in-chair teeth whitening and custom home whitening kits. Both have achieved substantial results for patients in the past when applied correctly. Our dentists will be happy to assess you and recommend the most suitable treatment for your specific level of staining:
1. In-office teeth whitening
- Performed in the dental chair using a strong whitening product that is activated by a light
- This procedure takes 60 to 90 minutes
- It delivers instant results
- However this procedure can cause postoperative sensitivity during and after the treatment
2. Custom home whitening kit
- Our dentist will make you a custom tray and you are required to wear this tray with whitening gel inside. These trays are worn about 1-2 hours per day and the process takes roughly 2-3 weeks
- These trays are worn about 1-2 hours per day and takes roughly 2-3 weeks
- This is the most comfortable and effective way to whiten teeth
- The gel is not as strong as the one we use for the in-chair whitening plus you are in control of when you want to whiten and how bright you want your teeth to be
- You may experience some temporary mild sensitivity during the whitening process but this will cease once the treatment is completed
Do you need to look your best or make a positive first impression? Both treatments are effective ways to give your look a boost.
We invite you to speak to our dental team who can provide you with recommendations that suit your particular circumstances.
Are you looking for Teeth Whitening services? Me Dental Care is open 7 days a week.
We’ve helped people across Melbourne access experienced dental services, providing support for patients in:
Start a conversation with our staff today to find out how we could help you. Please contact our Patient Co-ordinator to book an appointment, or call (03) 8538-6199 during business hours for assistance.