Are you experiencing a lot of pain in your tooth? There’s a high chance it is infected, which typically means you require a tooth extraction. However, with root canal therapy, also known as Endodontic treatment, Me Dental Care can help save your tooth.
Intense and chronic toothaches are common among millions of people, however, these warning signs of trouble should not be ignored. The sooner you address the symptoms, the quicker we can find the cause and provide a suitable treatment. If you have waited to seek help and your tooth has advanced decay, Endodontic treatment may be the best option in saving your natural tooth.
The Root Canal Process
Save your tooth from being lost due to decay by having a root canal procedure. At Me Dental Care, we use advanced rotary tools for optimum level of control for our dentists while offering our patients an overall comfortable experience. This combined with our gentle approach, ensures we efficiently treat an infected root canal, which involves:
- Making the tooth numb for a more comfortable procedure
- Removing the infected pulp from the centre of the tooth
- Carefully disinfecting the centre of the tooth and allowing it to heal
- Sealing the tooth with medicated with dental material for protection from further infection
- Once the endodontic treatment is complete, the tooth is restored with a crown or filling for protection and maintains its regular function like any other tooth
Causes of Tooth Infections
To help you gain a better understanding of how your tooth became infected, it is helpful to understand the structure of your tooth. It is made up of three main layers, consisting of the outside which is your enamel, the middle layer called the dentin which is softer and the inner layer that supplies blood and oxygen to the tooth, known as the pulp. Bacteria that breaks through the outer layer of the tooth, seeps into the pulp via decay or gum disease and fundamentally infects the pulp.
With advanced dental technology, our compassionate dentist will ensure your Endodontic treatment is as pain-free as a dental filling. To speak to one of our gentle receptionist, fill in our online form or call us on (03) 9744-7470.